|Osaka Marathon 2020
|Osaka Prefectural Government, City of Osaka, Osaka Association of All Athletics (OAAA)
|The Yomiuri Shimbun
|Osaka Association of All Athletics (OAAA)
|OSAKA PARA ATHLETICS
|Japan Association of Athletics Federations, Osaka City Community Promotion Association, Osaka Prefectural Federation of Shopping Center, Osaka Prefectural Federation of Shopping Center Promotion Associations, Osaka City Shopping Streets Association, Kansai Economic Federation, Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Kansai Association of Corporate Executives, Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau, Osaka Prefectural Sport Association, Osaka Athletic Association, Osaka Sport Promotion Council, Osaka City Amateur Sports Association, Osaka City Sports and Welfare Association, Osaka City Sport Promotion Council, Osaka City Sports and Greenery Association, Osaka Para-Sports Association, Osaka City Welfare and Sports Association for Persons with Disabilities, Osaka Medical Association, Osaka Hospital Association, OSAKA NURSING ASSOCIATION, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Kinki Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Kinki District Transport Bureau, HANSHIN EXPRESSWAY COMPANY LIMITED, YOMIURI LIGHT AND HUMANITY ASSOCIATION, Osaka Life Support Association, Osaka Prefectural Board of Education, Osaka City Board of Education, The Hochi Shimbun, Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation, Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc. (in random order)
|Osaka Metro Co., Ltd.,MIZUNO Corporation, Duskin Co., Ltd., Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.,MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- （1）JAAF member
- （2）Non-JAAF members
- （3）Wheelchair Race
|Date & Time
- Sunday, November 29,2020
- 8:55／Wheelchair Race Starts
- 9:00／Marathon Wave 1 Starts
- 9:10／Marathon Wave 2 Starts
- 9:25／Marathon Wave 3 Starts
- 11:15／Wheelchair Race Finishes
- 16:00／Marathon Finishes
|This race will be conducted in accordance with the 2020 rules and regulations of World Athletics (WA), Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), and the Osaka Marathon.
As the Osaka Marathon has been certified by WA as a Bronze Label race, World Athletics Road Race Label Regulations will also apply. Doping control will be conducted in accordance with WA regulations.
The wheelchair marathon will be governed by the rules and regulations of Japan Para Athletics and the Osaka Marathon.
|The Osaka Marathon course starting in front of the Osaka Prefectural Government Building and finish within Osaka Castle Park.
(Course certified by the JAAF and WA / AIMS)
Marathon: 7 hours (The competition ends at 4:00 p.m.)
- ※Time limits are based on the timing of the starting gun for the first wave.
- Wheelchair race: 2 hours and 20 minutes
|Maximum numbers of participants
(including 2,000 citizen athletes, 30 wheelchair racers, 800 Osaka Sports Support runners: 1,000 charity runners, 50 disabled runners, and 4,500 three-in-a-row unsuccessful applicant runners)
- Persons born on or before April 1, 2002 who are
- （1）athletes registered with JAAF or
- （2）runners not registered with JAAF.
- ※Athletes registered with JAAF must have registration valid for 2020.
- ※Persons with disabilities who have difficulty competing on their own may each be accompanied by one escort runner.
（Guide dogs may not accompany runners）
- ※Persons who are capable of completing the race within the race time limits
- （3）wheelchair racers
- ※Wheelchairs must confirm to race specifications
（Japan Para Athletics rules and regulations will apply）
- ※Persons who have finished a wheelchair race inside or outside Japan on or since April 1, 2018 in a half-marathon time of 1 hour 10 minutes or less or a full-marathon time of 2 hours 20 minutes or less
|Participation Application Categories
- （1）Athletes registered with JAAF
- （2）Runners not registered with JAAF
- （3）Wheelchair racers
- ※The 4,500 three-in-a-row unsuccessful applicant runners will be included within (1) and (2).
Three-in-a-row unsuccessful applicant runners will be selected at random from among those persons who unsuccessfully applied for participation in the 7th, 8th and 9th Osaka Marathons; no special entry procedures are required.
Japan residents: 14,000 yen, non-residents: 16,000 yen
- ※Tax inclusive; a separate administration fee of 550 yen will be assessed, and a charity donation required.
- ※The required charity donation will be two or more lots (1 lot = 500 yen) per participant.
- ①General runners: individuals
10:00, Friday, April 10, 2020–17:00, Friday, May 22, 2020
|Internet (only PCs and smartphones)
|If applications exceed the number of places, participants will be selected by lottery. However, citizen athletes, Osaka Sports Support runners, and charity runners will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Entry Fee Payment
|Selected applicants should pay their entry fees into the stipulated account by the stipulated deadline.
|Line-up at the start
To relieve congestion at the start and during the race, we are introducing wave-style starts. Regardless of whether or not you are a JAAF member, according to the certified time on the record certificate (personal best time) submitted when applying for entry, a wave-style start schedule and waiting blocks will be set up. Those who specified neither a certified time on the record (personal best time) nor a predicted time will start from the rearmost block of the third wave.
- 【Priority order】
- 〈1〉Invited and guest runners
- 〈2〉Those who has personal best time (The time must be recorded at a confirmable race held within the past two years. If it was found to be false report, the entry would be canceled.)
- 〈3〉Those who reported the estimated finish time
- 〈4〉Those who reported neither personal best time nor estimated finish time
|JAAF members are prohibited from participating in the race dressed in costume.
|Doping control tests will be carried out in accordance with the World Athletics Rules and/or Japan Anti-Doping Code. For doping control tests carried out before or after the Osaka Marathon, a sample of urine or blood or both will be collected.
People nominated should take the test as instructed.
|Those athletes who have to use prohibited substances / methods covered under the Prohibited List International Standard for the purpose of treating disease must file an application for TUE (therapeutic use exemption). Please visit the following website for further details.
▼JAAF Medical Committee
▼Japan Anti-Doping Agency (JADA)
- ◎The top eight male and female finishers overall will receive awards.
- ◎Citizen Runner Award: awarded to the first-place male and female finishers (excluding invited and guest runners)
- ◎Chicago Marathon Award: awarded to the first-place male and female finishers who live in Osaka (excluding invited and guest runners, representative runners for affiliate marathons, and runners who were sent to the last two Osaka Marathon races)
- ◎The top eight male and female wheelchair athletes will receive awards.
- ◎The top three male and female runners in each five-year age bracket will receive awards (except for the top eight male and female finishers overall).
※Award certificates will be sent at a later date.
（Osaka Marathon EXPO2020）
Date／Fri., Nov. 27, 2020 and Sat., Nov. 28, 2020 for two days
Time／11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.（last admission）
- ※Registration on race day (Sun., Nov. 29, 2020) is not acceptable.
- ※Photo ID is required at the time of registration.
- ※Registration without photo ID is not acceptable.
- ※Registration by proxy is not acceptable. Please ensure that a runner him/herself comes to the registration.
|Terms and Conditions of the Osaka Marathon
- 1.The event organizer cannot accept applications by applicants who disagree with the concept of charity programs.
- 2.Please ensure that each applicant applies for one entry. Duplicate applications and participation for Individual, Pair, Group, Civic athlete, Osaka sports supporting runner, Charity runner and Para-Athlete events cannot be accepted. If duplicate applications by the same applicant are discovered, the entries will all be rejected and any entry fee and relevant charges paid will not be refunded.
- 3.False declarations of the applicant's name (the name listed in ID documents), age, sex, registration, etc., as well as participation of persons other than applicants (unauthorized participation) or transfer of rights are not permitted. If an individual or group is discovered to have committed fraud, their entries will be cancelled and they will not be permitted to apply to participate in the Osaka Marathon in future. In such instances, the event organizer will not be liable for any compensation, and entry fees and other payments will not be refunded.
- 4.No change, amendment, or cancellation can be made to the contents of the registration can be made for your own convenience after completing application procedure except for the items that are changeable via MyPage. Even if the contents of the application are incorrect, proxy running (dishonest participation) and transfer of berths are prohibited. Entrants will only be contacted by e-mail or phone if the event organizer deems it necessary to confirm registered information.
- 5.The event organizer will not be responsible if you fail to make application for the race due to delay in the application procedure by any problems with Internet devices and network connections, etc.
- 6.The event organizer will not check on notifications that do not arrive, or that have not yet arrived, due to problems with the registered e-mail address. The event organizer will also bear no liability for any reason whatsoever not attributable to the organizer including e-mail messages sent by the event organizer cannot be received due to a malfunction (breakdown, etc.) in the terminal/device used by an applicant, incorrect mail receipt, security software or bulk e-mail settings, or changes in the registered e-mail address.
- 7.Please note that we will be unable to respond to any inquiries concerning entry status or the result of the drawing.
- 8.Entry fees will not be refunded if the race is canceled for any reasons beyond the control of the event organizer i.e. earthquake, storm, flood disaster, snow, accidents and infectious diseases.
- 9.The event organizer will not be responsible if entrants fail to participate in the race due to delayed arrival on the race day by public transportation and road conditions.
- 10.The event organizer will not be responsible for illness, loss or any other kinds of accidents. The event organizer will conduct first-aid treatment in the event of an accident during the race; however, it will not take any further responsibilities.
- 11.Carrying any unrelated equipment to the race is prohibited.
- 12.Wearing or displaying any designs or brand names representing commercial names or trade names, etc. used for advertising purposes within the event site (including the race course) is prohibited.
- 13.Usage and portrait rights of images, photographs and articles covering the event, entrants’ names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture or city) and their records used for TV broadcasting, newspapers, magazines and Internet, belong to the event organizer.
- 14.If approved by the event organizer, photos and things like that may be sold on a commitment basis.
- 15.Regarding any matters other than the aforementioned terms and conditions, please comply with instructions given by the event organizer.
- 16.The race will be implemented in accordance with all relevant national laws and ordinances.
- 17.These application guidelines are for the Osaka Marathon 2020.
- 1.Some PCs, smartphones, operating systems and browsers may cause errors and you may be unable to complete your online application procedure.
- 2.Regarding receipt for the entry fee and other charges
◎f you pay via credit card:
No receipt will be issued. Please use your credit card statement or bill issued by a credit card company as your receipt.
- 3.Please train sufficiently and prepare properly, as well as considering your physical condition via a checkup, etc. before participating in the race.
- 4.Costume-clad runners are not allowed to participate from Block A.