||Osaka Marathon 2014
||Osaka Prefectural Government, City of Osaka, Osaka Association of All Athletics（OAAA）
||The Yomiuri Shimbun
||Osaka Association of All Athletics（OAAA）
||Osaka Association of Athletics Federations for the Disabled
||Japan Association of Athletics Federations ;
Osaka City Community Promotion Association ; Osaka Prefectural Federation of Shopping Center ; Osaka Prefectural Federation of Shopping Center Promotion Associations ; Osaka City Shopping Streets Association ; Kansai Economic Federation ; Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry ; Kansai Association of Corporate Executives ; Osaka Convention & Tourism Bureau ; Osaka Amateur Sports Association ; Osaka Athletic Association ; Osaka Sport Promotion Council ; Osaka City Amateur Sports Association ; Osaka City Sports and Welfare Association ; Osaka City Sport Promotion Council ; Osaka City Sports and Greenery Association ; Osaka Sports Association for the Disabled ; Osaka City Welfare and Sports Association for Persons with Disabilities ; Osaka Medical Association ; Osaka Hospital Association ; OSAKA NURSING ASSOCIATION ; Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Kinki Regional Development Bureau ; Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Kinki District Transport Bureau ; HANSHIN EXPRESSWAY COMPANY LIMITED ; YOMIURI LIGHT AND HUMANITY ASSOCIATION ; Osaka Prefectural Board of Education ; Osaka City Board of Education ; The Hochi Shimbun ; Mainichi Broadcasting System,Inc. ; Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation ; ＜in random order＞
||Mizuno; Duskin Co., LTD.; Daiwa House Industry Co., Ltd.; Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co., Inc.; Coca-Cola West Co., Ltd.; ASAHI BREWERIES, LTD; SEIKO HOLDINGS CORPORATION; KANSAI UNIVERSITY; The Yomiuri Shimbun; Advance Create Co., Ltd.; KNT Co., Ltd; Photocreate Co., Ltd.; NIPPON EXPRESS CO., LTD.; The Osaka City Shinkin Bank; ONE DINING Co., Ltd.; TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION; Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.; Iwatani Corporation
||FM802; EZAKI GLICO CO., LTD.; Dole Japan, Inc.; Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
- （1）Elite runners （2）General runners （3）Wheelchair race
- 2.Challenge Run（8.8km）
|Date & Time
- Sunday, October 26, 2014
- 8:55／Wheelchair race begins
9:00／Marathon and Challenge Run begin
10:50／Challenge Run finishes
11:15／Wheelchair race finishes
||The races are conducted in accordance with the FY2014 rules and regulations set forth by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations（JAAF）, the Japan Association of Athletics Federations for the Disabled（JAAFD）, and the Osaka Marathon.
|Start: Osaka Castle Park. Finish: INTEX Osaka.
〈Course certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations（JAAF）and by the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races（AIMS）〉
|Start: Osaka Castle Park. Finish: Osaka City Hall.
（Course does not meet official specifications, thus times will not be recognized for records）
||In the interests of managing a safe and smooth start, regardless of whether the athlete was JAAF-registered or not, we will note your declaration time when you applied and assign you a waiting block for the start of the event based on that. If no declared time is entered you will start in the rear block.
||Registered athletes must not wear fancy dress.
||Marathon :（1）Elite runners（2）General runners／7 hours
（3）Wheelchair race／ 2 hour 20 minutes
Challenge Run : 1 hour 50 minutes
- ※1. Time limits are based on gun time.
- ※2. Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to the limited duration of traffic control, security, and event operation. Athletes who fail to pass a checkpoint before cut-off time will be disqualified. Those who lag behind excessively may also be asked to leave the course at any time. Runners considered unable to clear cut-off times may be asked to end the race at a point other than a checkpoint.
|Checkpoint Closing Times
||Nipponbashi 1 intersection (Sakai-suji St.)
||Osaka City Hall
||Osaka Dome North intersection
||Sumiyoshi Dai-ichi Junior High School
||Hirabayashi Station intersection
||Nanko Chuo Baseball Stadium
||In front of the Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building’s northern intersection
|Number of Entrants
※Entrants will be selected by drawing if applications exceed capacity.
Athletes born on or before April 1, 1996
- （1）Elite runners／Athletes registered with the JAAF
（2）General runners／Athletes not registered with the JAAF
（3）Wheelchairs／Wheelchairs must be race-specification models (as specified by JAAFD competition regulations)
- ※ Categories（1）and（2）are both open to men and women, including athletes recommended by the organizers from Japan and abroad, capable of completing the race within 6 hours 30 minutes.
- ※ JAAF-registered athletes will be deemed registered for 2014.
- ※ Visually impaired runners who cannot viably run alone may be accompanied by one co-runner. (Guide dogs may not accompany visually impaired runners.)
- ※ A total of 50 male and female competitors who have completed a domestic or overseas wheelchair half marathon within 1 hour and 10 minutes or a domestic or overseas wheelchair full marathon within 2 hours and 20 minutes in the past two years.
- ※ Stipulating the name and record of the event entered.
- 2.Challenge Run
Athletes born on or before April 1, 1999
- Open to men and women, including athletes recommended by the organizers from Japan and abroad, capable of completing the race within 1 hour 20 minutes.
- ※ Challenge Run is limited to non-wheelchair users.
- ※ Visually impaired runners who cannot viably run alone may be accompanied by one co-runner. （Guide dogs may not accompany visually impaired runners.）
- ※ Challenge Run entrants will start in the rear block.
- 1. Marathon
- 2. Challenge Run
- From Japan: 10,000 yen From abroad: 12,000 yen
- Challenge Run
- From Japan: 5,000 yen From abroad: 6,000 yen
||Each participant must make at least two contributions (each contribution is ¥500) charity contributions, which are additional to the participation fees.
- 1.Application method
- (1) Internet (PC or smart phone only)
- 2.Application period
- (1) Internet (PC or smart phone only)
- From 10 am on Thursday, April 3, 2014 to 5 pm on Thursday, May 8, 2014
Successful applicants are required to transfer the entry fee to the designated account by the due date stipulated.
- ※Selection will be nullified if no remittance is made.
- ※If applying via the Internet you must pay ¥500 as a processing fee when selected.
- ※Depending on the method of payment, participants may need to pay an application processing fee.
|Reward for participation
||A t-shirt will be given as a reward for participation.
- ・ Prize-giving for the men’s and the women’s races, overall places 1 – 8.
・ Prize-giving for the 1st – 3rd places in the men’s and women’s races in age categories of five-yearly increments.
※Certificates will be sent later.
・ Prize-giving for the men’s and women’s wheelchair races, places 1 – 8.
- 2.Challenge Run
- No prize-giving for this event.
（Osaka Marathon EXPO 2014）
- October 24, 2014 – October 25, 2014
- INTEX Osaka
- 11:00 am to 7:30 pm (last admission)
・ Please check-in on either of the days listed above.
・ Check-in will be closed on the day of the marathon(Sunday, October 26).
・ Check-in will be closed outside of the times listed above.
・ Identification will be required to verify participants' identities at registration.
(Check-in on behalf of others will not be accepted)
・ Information for check-in of participants using wheelchairs will be provided separately.
The Osaka Marathon aims to support efforts to establish a charitable culture by providing opportunities for a number of those participating in this event, including all runners, galleries, volunteers and other parties involved. We have diversified the scope of the charity concept for this event to help elicit support from a greater number of people.
- Entry fees will not be refunded in the event the Osaka Marathon is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers.
- Entrants are expected to train sufficiently, receive a physical checkup, and otherwise be well prepared for the event.
- Participation while carrying items unnecessary to competition is not allowed.
- At the event, including on the course, entrants are prohibited from wearing or displaying logos or trademarks representing a company or product name for the purpose of advertising.
- Athletes wearing fancy dress cannot start in the Block A.
- The organizers will transport entrants' baggage from start to finish locations. Please note that road traffic conditions may delay arrival of baggage.
- The organizers will not be responsible for entrants’ tardiness due to public transport or road traffic conditions on marathon day.
- The organizers may permit the commissioned sale of photographs and other approved products.
- For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
- Receipts for entry fees
◎Payment via credit card
Receipts will not be issued. Entrants are asked to substitute the credit card company's account or billing statement for an official receipt.
◎No receipt can be issued when payment is made through a dedicated money transfer form or at convenience store.
Please use your record of the transfer as a receipt.
- These application guidelines are for the 4th Osaka Marathon.
|Osaka Marathon 2011
|Osaka Marathon 2012
|Osaka Marathon 2013